Sunday, May 15, 2011

Angel-Sister-Friends & Dreams

Be careful out there!! When you throw your hands up and say “Yes!” to your dreams...and mean it, you never know what might happen.

When I wrote the last post, I meant all of it. It wasn't until a few days later though, while listening to another talk on the Inspiring Women Telesummit, that I actually paused the recording, threw my hands up and said outloud, “Yes!! I am ready!”

I told God, in that moment, that I was game for whatever project He had in mind. I didn't know where we were going, how we were going to get there, or who was going along for the ride. But what I did know was that it was travel time! I said it. I meant it. And then things started moving quickly.

Over the course of a few days, all sorts of unexpected serendipitous events occurred. They all pointed directly to one of my long standing dreams. You know the one that you stand like a kid outside a candy store with your nose pressed to the window drooling over. THAT dream. The BIG One. Things started moving for IT.

Delicious opportunities, insights, and meetings happened. Right on cue with the good stuff came the Old Ghosts (past memories, labels others gave me, and experiences I'd most often rather forget) fussing and chattering...filling my head with questions, doubts, and fears. “This can't be for me. I'm not ready for this. I can't do this. Who am I to think I could pull this off? I've never successfully done it before. I must be crazy to think I can do it now!” Ghosts can be pretty darn tough and they don't fight fair. They even go so far as to use folks closest to you to whisper their old lines. Don't fall for their tricks.

Fortunately, like in any good movie, the cavalry came thundering around the corner just in the nick of time! Angel-Sister-Friends delivered encouraging messages out of the blue. I received calls, notes, and comments I wasn't expecting. Most folks had no idea what was happening for my dream in that moment. Most didn't know I was dancing with the Old Ghosts either. However, Old Ghosts are no match for dreams being born under the watch of Angel-Sister-Friends.

I told one Angel-Sister-Friend that I was “walking blind but it feels right”. Her comment was “for the sake of the Debbie doubter in the middle of you wanting to get out, you have spent 40 years learning to feel your way in the dark so I'd say your sight is 'right on”. I do believe Lisa Nichols would give her a cookie for holding me accountable for my own greatness even though it wasn't comfortable in the moment. Thank you Angel-Sister-Friend...you know who you are!

It can happen. It IS happening! It's what I've asked for all along. No, it's better than what I've asked for all along...and it is RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. All I have to do is graciously accept the invitation to go on the adventure of my dreams.

It doesn't look like I expected.
It isn't where I planned it to be.
But it's even better!
And it was hiding in plain sight all along.

I had to get ready...really ready. You know the kind of ready in your soul that says ok no matter what I'll jump and fly on faith. That's the kind of ready I had to get to. 

Understand this, I am Her Royal Highness, the Queen of the Cliff-Hugging. I do a great wind up and get ready act. I get in place, wings firmly attached, ready for take off, and run as fast as I can toward the edge. Screeching to a complete halt just moments before running out of ground under my feet. I always tell myself “Whew! That was a close one!”

Do you ever get tired of hugging-the-cliff, pulling-your-punches, and living in the “whew that was a close one” moments? I am so tired of being an ”almost-success” that I decided THIS time I am going for it. This time, fly or fall, I am NOT going to stop until I either soar on the winds of success...or gravity slams my fluffy oh-so- round body down into the dust. (visualize the Roadrunner and Coyote cartoon)

Picture me clinging to the inside of an airplane with a parachute strapped to my back. Angel-Sister-Friends are there pushing me out of the plane as I am screaming “It's not my turn! I can't fly!!” You know what happens next. Yep...they shoved me right outta the plane. Thank goodness they did.

Good News!! Angel-Sister-Friends are on duty even when they don't know they are on duty. Has anyone ever said exactly what you needed to hear even though neither of you knew you needed to hear it? Has anyone ever shown up, responded to a post online, sent you something, or just called when you needed it most? That's an Angel-Sister-Friend at work.

Be mindful. You are an Angel-Sister-Friend to others. You are also on duty...even when you don't know it. Share the encouragement. Be there when you are nudged for no good reason. Send that note, respond to that post. You never know when you are right up in the middle of midwifing a dream's birth for someone else.

I'd love to fill you in on more, but you'll have to wait a bit. Some fantastic things are in the works. I'll let you know about them as soon as they are set. In the meantime, strap on your parachute, get into the plane, take some Angel-Sister-Friends with you, and let your dreams fly. You'll be glad you did!

5 comments:

faerian said...

i feel like buying you an Amelia Earhart set of goggles and leather hat because baby you are going to need it <3

bobbie said...

I'm behind you, friend ~ 100%~

You have such a beautiful & powerful dream ~ I've no doubt it will carry you far...

I can't wait to see where you go next!!!

xoxo

Bodacious Possibilities said...

I adore you both and am so lucky to have you as my Angel-Sister-Friends!

The Lion's Share said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lee Ann said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to hear updates!!!